Kapi'olani Community College
Mission Statement 2003-2010
Approved October 7, 2002 by KCC Faculty Senate
Kapi’olani Community College
- is a gathering place where Hawai‘i’s cultural diversity is celebrated, championed and reflected in the students, faculty, staff, administration and curriculum.
- is a nurturing workplace of choice for strong and caring faculty, staff, and administrators committed to a shared vision and set of values.
- strives to be the first choice for education and training for Hawai‘i’s people.
- provides open access, and promotes students’ progress, learning and success with low tuition and high quality instructional programs, student development and support services, and selective areas of excellence and emphasis.
- prepares students to meet rigorous baccalaureate requirements and personal enrichment goals by offering a high quality liberal arts program.
- prepares students to meet rigorous employment and career standards by offering 21st century career programs.
- prepares students for lives of ethical, responsible community involvement by offering opportunities for increased civic engagement.
- leads locally, nationally and internationally in the development of integrated international education through global collaborations.
- uses human, physical, technological and financial resources effectively and efficiently to achieve ambitious educational goals.
- builds partnerships within the University and with other educational, governmental, business, and non-profit organizations to support improved learning from preschool through college and lifelong.
- uses cycles of qualitative and quantitative assessment to document degrees of progress in achieving college goals and objectives.